Trauma-Informed Nonviolent Parenting
Parenting Weekend Intensive
Parenting is one of the most creative and exhausting jobs you’ll ever have. Sometimes you’ll find yourself saying or doing things to your child you swore you would never do.
In the 12-hour intensive you’ll experience an approach to raising children that is based on the latest research about brain and child development, as well as the effects of childhood toxic stress. Discover how to deepen your relationship with your children so that they may experience improved learning, better relationships and long-term health and wellbeing.
You will learn how to:
• Develop emotional intelligence
• Communicate and stay connected when there is conflict
• Set clear, respectful limits
• Find the love and empathy you need for yourself and your child
• Use regulation skills to stay emotionally grounded
• Recognize the impact of childhood toxic stress and generational trauma on the body and brain
• Build resiliency against future toxic stress
Date: Saturday, September 29 — Sunday, September 30
Time: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Saturday: 1226 N Alvarado St., Los Angeles, CA 90026
Sunday: 1858 ½ Echo Park Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90026
Fees: $250/person or $380/couple, deadline 9/19/2018
This training is not eligible for those needing court or DCFS letters.
Participants will need to attend the full workshop on both days. Childcare will not be provided.
Cancellation fees may apply; be sure to review our cancellation policies.
Questions? For additional requests, accommodations, questions, or grievances about this training contact Sofia Teodoro at email@example.com or (213) 484-6676 x326.